Brain Dump - Cost of Indulgence

I Cor 6:13
- meats for the belly, the belly for meats
- Answers, "that's how I was made"
- "If God didn't want me to ____, then why did He ____?"

Appetites are natural, God-given.
God also created means to satisfy those cravings.

"The way to a man's heart is through his stomache."

Why did David pour out the water the three mighty men retrieved for him?
- appetitie
- opportunity --> entitlement
- cost of indulgence

II Samuel 23:15-17

I Cor 6

Abraham Maslow - Needs/Desires
- Transcendence
- Self-Actualization
- Aesthetic
- Learning
- Esteem
- Belonging
- Security
- Physical

Phil 3:18-19 -- enemies of the cross... whose god is their belly.

I Cor 9:27 - I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection.

Galations 5:24 - They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

No comments:

Post a Comment