Declaration of Imperfection

From this day forward, I, Kenneth Row, declare myself to be an imperfect parent, living with an imperfect spouse, rasing imperfect children. I hereby recognize that as a human being I have made mistakes in the past and will amek even more in the future. Although I am not excited about my mistakes, I am excited about my growth.

I have decided that I will no longer be handcuffed by my fear of the future, nor will I be crippled by remorese for the past. When I make a mistake, I will learn from it, I will grow from it, and I will progress beyond it. I will pick myself up and not put myself down.

I have come to realize that my worthiness of love is not tied to my accomplishments. As I become a better parent, I will share my shortcomings with my family so that they may also grow from my mistakes. I have decided that from this day forward, I will no longer be driven by a passion for perfections. Instead, I will be inspired by my preference for progress and my desire for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment